Saturday, November 24, 2007

Back

Things have been a bit crazy recently, but here is an update. Our trip the Key West was great. What a beautiful part of the country and it was fun to act like college kids for a couple of days.


Nora did great with Grandma watching her, but a couple days after we got back she got sick for the first time in her young life. She had a high fever for 3 or 4 days and was clearly not herself. It is tough watching someone so little and helpless not feeling good and her sad little cries broke my heart. All she wanted to do was curl up in our arms and fall asleep.


While I was busy someone sent me a link to a great review of the creation "museum" in Kentucky. I know it has been talked about to death, but I thought this review was a good read. Plus he has 100 or so pictures with some fantastic captions. I knew the "museum" was crap, but reading some of the placards . . .I mean . . .wow. This quote from the review sums it up pretty nice, I think.
And this is, in sum, the Creation Museum. $27 million has purchased the very best monument to an enormous load of horseshit that you could possibly ever hope to see. I enjoyed my visit, admired the craft with which the whole thing was put together, and was never once convinced that what I was seeing celebrated was anything more or less than horseshit. Popular horseshit? Undoubtedly. Horseshit hallowed by tradition and consecrated by time? Just so. Horseshit of the finest possible quality? I would not argue the point. And yet, even so: Horseshit. Complete horseshit. Utter horseshit. Total horseshit. Horseshit, horseshit, horseshit, horseshit. I pity the people who swallow it whole.

2 comments:

Paul said...

27 million - Well, guess someone or some group of wealthy right wingers is going to heaven for sure after that.

Or perhaps, in the context of your post, "for shit-sure," as dear old dad used to say...

Sounds like a fun trip, sorry your comment to my blog last month somehow slipped by me -

HappyNat said...

Not a problem, Paul. You'll have that ins the blog world.

Love the idea for stories on you site.